The statue was reportly found near Kırçoğlu village (now Kırcaoğlu, about 7 km east of Kumlu in Hatay province) and it was in Berlin by 1898. The small statue shows the lower part of a person wearing a long and belted tunic. On the tunic is a 3-line Hieroglyphic Luwian inscription where the author gives his name and title and dedicates the statue to "divine Queen of the Land". Currently in the Vorderasiatisches Museum in Berlin. |
Click on the pictures for larger images.
Hawkins, J. D. Corpus of Hieroglyphic Luwian Inscriptions, Vol 1, Berlin: Walter de Gruyter, 2000: 38384 and plts. 2034.
Orthmann, W. Untersuchungen zur späthethitischen Kunst, Bonn, 1971.
J. David Hawkins, 2000.