The badly damaged single-line Hieroglyphic Luwian inscription was first reported in 1950 by H. Th. Bossert. It was located on a rock named Beşiktaş by a spring near the village of Taçın (now Topsöğüt) in Bünyan, Kayseri. The inscription appears to have recorded the unreadable names of two kings, a son and his father. It is also uncertain whether the "king" signs originally had a "great" attribute on top. Per P. Meriggi (1975):|
"...su, King, son of ...suti, King, Hero"
[...]-su [(?.)]REX [...]su-ti [(?.)]REX HEROS INFA[NS ..]
It was a relief style inscription, but Meriggi notes that the "son" (INFANS) sign was incised. Unfortunately by the 1980s the rock was completely destroyed during road work. Although Bossert had suggested a date in the Empire period, what had remained of the signs does not match any of the Empire period kings.
Click on the picture for a larger image.
Bossert, H. Th. "Reisebericht aus Anatolien," Orientalia 19, 1950: 5067.
Meriggi, P. "Quinto viaggio anatolico," Oriens Antiquus 5, 1966: 67-106 (7677 and Tab. XXIII).
Meriggi, P. Manuale di eteo geroglifico, vol. 2. 1975: 314.
Piero Meriggi, 1966.